Residential Manager (Residential Care Home Manager) in North London
Salary: £26,700 - £32K annum Depending on Experience and Qualifications.
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a dynamic individual who should be either a Team Leader or experienced Deputy Manager looking to develop and take the next step.
We are an established company in the North London area in these location (Enfield, Palmers Green, Wood Green, Edmonton, Tottenham, Barnet and Leyton).
The Registered Manager role is key in ensuring the safe day-to-day running of the service, as well as continually looking for ways to develop the service. We are looking for an experienced and resilient professional who can manage competing demands and priorities work effectively. The role requires applicants who are confident decision makers and who can stay calm under pressure. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Residential Care Home operates within the national and legislative framework timely and developing the service provision for supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health client group. While in this role you will need to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to lead the development of the principles of equality and diversity in employment and service delivery. You should hold a relevant qualification in health and social care as well as additional qualifications in leadership/management, with evidence of continuing professional development.
You will among other duties
• Be responsible for the deployment and control of staff on a day-to-day basis, including reporting of issues of performance to line management.
• To be involved in the recruitment, monitoring, training, retention and mentoring as necessary.
• To ensure that all staff receive regular supervision.
• Establishing a programme of senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development.
• Be on-call for the service on a pro-rota basis.
• Deliver the highest standards of care service and staff support across all aspects of the organisation.
• Identify business development opportunities and networks and strengthen the brand locally.
• Take responsibility for service delivery and service compliance thus ensuring company policies and CQC regulations are adhered to.
• Co-ordinate staff and manage the day to day running of the home.
• Complete client reviews and assessments.
• Deliver staff supervisions.
• Manage your teams effectively, delegate workload.
• Manage and participate in the emergency on-call, in a professional manor.
• Maintain the positive culture, values and aims and objectives of the organisation.
Requirements for Registered Care Home Manager
• Degree holder or equivalent
• NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years management and supervisory experience at a residential setting
• Experience of translating policy into practice
• Have a positive attitude towards improving Standards of Care.
• Possess good, strong leadership skills and works well as part of a team.
• Accurate with paperwork including writing centered care plans/ risk assessments etc.
• Knowledgeable about the latest CQC requirements/audits
• Knowledge of equal opportunities & diversity models
• Basic knowledge of IT
• Experience working with Adults with learning disabilities, mental health and other complex needs.
• Full knowledge of CQC requirements and regulations.
• Familiar with CQC Inspections.
In return you will receive
• An excellent learning and development opportunities
• Regular help and support from the group managers on various matters including Operations, Quality and Compliance, HR, Training.
• Competitive salary and automatic inclusion in Pension Scheme
Closing date: 13.08.2020
Support Worker for Residential and Supported Living Home in North London
Salary: £13,650 - £14,040 per annum Full Time (30 hours weekly) Depending on Experience and Qualifications.
Location: North London
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for dedicated Support Workers to join our friendly residential care home and supported living home.
We are an established company in the North London area in these location (Enfield, Palmers Green, Wood Green, Edmonton, Tottenham, Barnet and Leyton). We provided Residential and Supported Living care for adults with learning disabilities, autism and other associated mental and physical health issues.
As part of the team you will be required to deliver personal care, be involved in all aspects of running the care home and assist with the day to day indoors and outdoor activities at our Resource Centre.
As a Support Worker you will work with people who have varying degrees of mental health and learning disabilities as well as complex care needs to promote independence and support them to lead as fulfilling life as possible. You'll operate within the home and local community settings providing hands-on care to the people we support.
Support Worker main duties:
• Providing personal care duties
• Manual handling, using equipment (where required)
• Accompanying client to appointments and social outings
• Meal preparation
• Administering Medication
• Dealing with Service Users presenting challenging behaviour.
The successful Support Worker:
• Will have experience working in a care and support setting
• Working with Service Users supporting them with individual goals.
• A good understanding of mental health and learning difficulties.
• Ideally be qualified to a minimum QCF Level 2 Health and Social Care.
• Must be willing to take mandatory and other training.
• Supporting Service Users with Independent Living skills such as cooking, socializing, budgeting, and other day to day support.
• To support Service Users with trips out in the community such as, attendance to day opportunities, bowling, biking, cinema, shopping, place of interest.
• To encourage service users to gain confidence and to build their social kills and communication skills.
• Willing to work long days shifts patterns, weekends and nights.
• Will have an enhanced DBS check
• At least 2 referees covering the last 5 years working history.
• A minimum of 1-year recent care experience in the care sector.
• Guarantee Hours / Flexible Bank Contract Hours (Part time, Full time, Bank contract).
• Career Development
• Work locally
• Higher rates for bank holiday
• Regular training
• Good support from office staff and management team
• Pension Scheme
• Applicant Must have NVQ 2-3
• Applicant Must have Care Certificate
• Applicant Must have Right to work in the UK
• Applicant Must have prior potential experience for this role.
Closing date: 13.08.2020